Wondering what Carol & Michelle have been up to lately? Want to see if we caught you in a picture from one of our shows or events? Click here!
Get In Touch with the Taste Buds
We love callers! To join us on the air, call 866-823-1077 every Sunday from 10:00am-12:00pm!
Just like a trusted friend, you can count on these local celebrities to visit with you for lunch over the radio every week.
Meet Our Sponsors
With the help of our generous sponsors, Carol and Michelle bring food and fun to you every Sunday morning from 10am until 12pm.
Buffalo Quinoa Vegetarian Chili
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Author: Every Little Thing
Recipe Type: Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 14-ounce can hominy
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Blue cheese, for topping
- Heat the olive oil over medium in a sauce pan and, once hot, add the diced onion and celery to the pan. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer cook for 15 minutes. Add in black beans, hominy, quinoa, Frank's, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook 15 more minutes, until flavors have melded.
- To serve, ladle chili into broiler-safe bowls. Top with blue cheese and place under broiler until cheese melts, 3-5 minutes.